What is Ragging?
Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with freshers, but a form of psychopathic behavior. Ragging is a violation of human rights. Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under law. Ragging may spoil your career forever. All measures for prevention of ragging in campus are being taken as per the Anti Ragging Suprem Court verdict 2007. As per regulations dated 1.7.2009 of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the student has to sign and submit an anti-ragging affidavit at the time of registration to semester/year. The parent also has to sign and submit an anti-ragging affidavit.
- Any disorderly conduct whether by words or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student or an admission aspirant student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activity which causes or likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in fresher or junior student.
- Asking a junior or fresher student to do any act or perform something which a student will not do in an ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the psyche
of a fresher or a junior student
- Asking a junior or fresher student to copy and/or prepare notes, lend money or any act that may adversely affect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
- Any act of corporal contact, touching, pushing, thrashing, scratching, beating or any physical harm to fresher or junior student.
Who is Culprit?
Any student or group of students who tries to harm or intent to harm directly or indirectly a fresher or junior student as pointed out above is an offender and liable to be punished fittingly.
- Immediate suspension from the college
- Cancellation of admission
- Information regarding participation in ragging will be mentioned in the Transfer Certificate, if issued.
- Ragger will not be given admission in any institute of India for the next five years. Previous school/college will be informed about the action taken and no duplicate TC will be issued to the ragger by that institute.
- Awaited examination result will be withheld. Action like stay or suspension and recovery of all the scholarship if paid any, will be taken.
- An FIR of the incident related to ragging will be lodged against ragger in the Police Station. A case of violent and heinous crime will be registered suitably to proceed in the Honorable Court.